Faculty MembersHighly Qualified and Experienced Faculty Members of SVIMCS
I have completed B.Com (Hons), M.Com (Finance) and Ph.D ( Microfinance) from the University of Burdwan. My Research works have been published in many reputed National and International Journals. I have also presented my research works in the International and National Level Conferences and Seminars.
My research article entitled “BPO in India – A Critical Study” has been published in a book named “BPO in India – Prospects and Challenges” by the Daya Publication, New Delhi in the year 2009. Another research article entitled “Microfinance Programme through SHG – Bank Linkage and Rural Development ” has also been published in a book named “Economic Reforms and Agriculture Development” by Deep and Deep Publishing House, New Delhi in the year 2011.
Another article entitled “Impact of COVID -19 on the organised Pharmaceutical Sector in India: A SWOT Analysis has also been published in a Book named “Economic and Business Challenges in India: Pandemic and After” by Vandana Publications, Hazratganj, Lcknow in the year 2020. I have been in the teaching profession from the year 2001.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer from Prestigious IIEST , Shibpur and MBA from Calcutta University Kakali brings her over two decades of experiences teaching in various colleges and Universities .She is known for trying different innovative ways of teaching and involving students to modern business practices .
Birjendu has a cumulative experience of over three decades in business, talent assessment, leadership, learning and development functions. He has worked in companies like Center for Creative Leadership, PwC, Wipro, Redington, Godrej & Boyce, Hindustan Lever, Glaxo
At present, Birjendu is the CEO and Founder of his own firm specialising in bespoke talent development, consulting, training, teaching and coaching.
Before this, Birjendu worked as Regional Director at Center for Creative Leadership, Head of Talent Development at PricewaterhouseCoopers India Pvt. Ltd and General Manager Corporate HRD at Wipro. His experience in Information Technology, Manufacturing, FMCG, Professional Services, Pharmaceuticals industries, and Academia enables his deep understanding of various industries and the development needs of their leaders. He has worked with leaders across the globe, giving him a rich awareness of the learning preferences of different cultures.
Academic Teaching Experience
Birjendu is a Fellow in Management from XLRI, Jamshedpur, one of the premier B schools in India. His area of specialisation is Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour, and the dissertation topic is An empirical study of the interrelationship among the people and process characteristics of executive coaching. He has taught as a visiting faculty in premier B schools like Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak and Shillong; XLRI, Jamshedpur; Christ University; XIME, Bangalore, Jain University, Bangalore and Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutes. In these institutes, Birjendu has taught over 600 students various core and elective courses in Human Resources Management, Leadership Development, etc. A sample list of subjects taught is given below
- Leadership in Action (XIME Bangalore; 2 credit course),
- Communicate to Lead (IIM Rohtak, IIM Shillong 1.5 credit course),
- Coaching for Managerial Excellence (IIM Shillong 0.5 credit course)
- Performance Management (Swami Vivekananda Group of Instituties)
- Consultative Selling and Negotiation Skills (Christ University and Jain University Bangalore)
Corporate Teaching Experience
Birjendu’s career as a talent development consultant focuses on developing leaders in their personal, interpersonal and business effectiveness. He has the credential of personally training over 15000 people from cross functions in different countries like India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Germany, Switzerland, US, UK, China, Japan etc. on Leadership Development, Strategic Account Management, Global Business Negotiations, Influencing Without Authority, Strategy to Execution Excellence, Coaching and Mentoring and many other areas.
Birjendu has coached MD, CXOs of global manufacturing organisations, Partners and Directors of a Big Four professional services firm, Vice Presidents and General Managers of Information technology and pharmaceuticals. With over 2000 hours of coaching, he uses his vast business experience to foster measurable outcomes. He has the unique ability to converse with the strategic leaders in any organisation, understand their psychosocial, business development needs and coach them to achieve their goals. Birjendu has coached individuals to enhance their business capability, strategic account teams to increase revenues and help leaders transition to higher roles and generate alignment and commitment from their teams.
Leadership Consultancy Projects
A sample list of the transformational leadership development projects is given below
|S.||Nature||Title of the||Nature of Involvement||Year|
|1||Organizational||Leadership||Deign, Deliver and Discern the||2017|
|Transformation||Ladder||outcome. Complete ownership of|
|2||Organization||Managerial||Deign, Deliver and Discern the||2018|
|Development||Excellence||outcome. Complete ownership of|
|Program for||the project|
|and 2 leaders|
|3||Organizational||Transformation||Deign, Deliver and Discern the||2019-20|
|Transformation||Leadership||outcome. Complete ownership of|
Certificate course in Instructional Design, Certified to teach online using LMS, Webex, Professional Certified Coach from ICF (International Coaching Federation), Assessment and Development Centre, ROI in HR initiatives by Dr. Jack Philip, ISO in training, SPIN selling, Account Strategy for Major Sales,
Hogan Leadership Assessment, MBTI, PAPI, Belbin Team roles, Work Place Big 5, Influence Style Indicator, Change Style Indicator and PTC (Psytech International UK-15FQ+, JTI, SPI etc.)
Executive Coaching by Marshall Goldsmith; Six modules of The Art and Science of Coaching from Ericson International; Coaching for Leadership by Whitehead Mann; Assessment and Development Centre by Wider Options Consulting; Flex Selling-Using MBTI in sales; CXO Conversation-selling to the C-suite; TAS- Target account selling.
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: +91 98807 88677
A seasoned Human Resources leader with expertise in all areas of HR across geographies including India, Europe, Middle East (GCC countries), Turkey and APAC countries. Completed over 3500 + hours of mentoring and over 250 hours of Leadership coaching. Designed and ran Assessment Centres for Mid- level to Senior Leaders in the Engineering industry.
Strategic experience in Transformational HR Leadership in Multi-National Companies with employee strength of 10,000+. Proven expertise in Business Transformation using HR Analytics, HR Automation, Organizational Restructuring in M&A and Change Management in MNCs. Extensively collaborated with multi regional and Global HR Teams and contributed best practices.
Business transformation evangelist, Design Thinker, Behavioural Scientist and Neuroscience enthusiast, and popular panelist and speaker at HR Forums on various topics and Guest faculty at Universities and B-Schools in India. Mentored over 50 students for MBA internships and sponsored 40+ students for engineering internships.
1. Business Transformation Consulting Partner at Semcostyle Institute India
2. Human Resources Advisor / Mentor – Caere India Pvt. Ltd.
1. NIPM Chennai Chapter in Association with Madras Management Association – Faculty member for Advanced Certification Course on Strategic Talent Management
Subjects taught – Business Strategy, Competence Management, Performance Management Systems, Talent Management
2. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management – Application of HRD Instruments to obtain desired business output. Instruments such as Performance Management Systems, Competency Assessments etc. were discussed in detail
3. Semcostyle Institute (Global) – Faculty member for teaching Modern Methods of Management as part of the Semcostyle framework for the certification programs worldwide.
4. Yung Minds and HR Success Talk – Program Faculty for certification courses in HR Business Partner, Design Thinking, Compensation & Benefits professional, Performance Management Specialist, Talent Acquisition Specialist and HR Strategy
Campuses visited in since 2018 till date and subjects are:
1. Delhi School of Economics (Univ of Delhi) – HR Transformation – Use of Analytics in Business Decision making
2. Shriram College of Commerce (Global MBA) – Artificial Intelligence in HR and management of HR Data using Analytics, Future of Workplace
3. Vivekanand Education Society’s Inst. Of Management & Research – HR Journey Map and Evolution
4. Vivekanand Education Society’s Inst. Of Management & Research – Evolution of Performance Management
5. Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Pharmacy – Workshop on Cognitive skills, Critical Thinking & Design Thinking
6. D.G. Vaishnav College, Chennai – The Science of Performance Management, HR – Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
7. D.G. Vaishnav College, Chennai – Workshop in Application of Design Thinking in HR
8. NIPM Guest lecture – Use of Design Thinking in developing an EVP
9. ITM Group of Institutions Kharghar – Design Thinking and its applications in HR
10. D.Y. Patil (Deemed University) School of Pharmacy – The Neuroscience of Innovation
11. IIM Jammu – HR Journey Map and Evolution
12. Vivekanand Education Society’s Inst. Of Management & Research – Driving High Performance Culture
13. Swami Vivekanand Group od Institutions, Kolkata – Introduction to International HRM & Pay and Rewards
1. Globalization – Creating a Boundaryless HR – Paper published in NHRDN Delhi Chapter Proceedings of Young HR Manager Conference Feb 2009
2. Building Sustainable Psychologically Safe Management Models in times of Technological Prevalence – NIPM Compendium Personnel Today Vol 1, Issue 2, Jan 2021
3. Transcending Talent Turnover using INR (Identify, Nurture and Retain) Model – NIPM Compendium Personnel Today Vol 1, Issue 4, (Currently in print)
1. Design Thinking in Organizational Culture – SightsIn Plus HR Magazine Sep 2018
2. Get, Set, Go is now Design, Innovate, Grow – SightsIn Plus HR Magazine Feb 2019
3. Aah to Ahaa! Measurables for Happy Workplaces – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Apr 2019
4. It’s not just about Money..honey – Bouquet, NIPM Quarterly Bulletin Apr 2019
5. Mirror Mirror on the Wall..Are organizations diverse at all? – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal May 2019
6. Through the Looking Glass! Employer – Employee relationship from an employees perspective – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Jun 2019
7. Talent Management – Transforming for Future of work – Bouquet, NIPM Quarterly Bulletin Jun 2019
8. How your organization can become a talent Magnet – Skills for the new age hiring – People Matters Jun 2019
9. From Prescriptive to Predictive Analysis – Are we ready for it? – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Aug 2019
10. Talent Mobility – Taking the bull by its horns – Agile for futureproofing – SightsIn Plus HR Magazine Aug 2019
11. A Corporate Love Story that took the society by storm! – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Sept 2019
12. Managing the VUCA Damage – HR Avengers Endgame – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Oct 2019
13. Done Deal or Dead Deal – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Nov 2019
14. Agile HR – Solution driven approach to future of work – Interview published in – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Dec 2019
15. Workin’ 9 to 5 – Are you really makin’ a livin’ – – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Jan 2020
16. Our tryst with trust – – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Feb 2020
17. Blending in or Bulging Out – Inclusivity with Accountability, the new paradigm – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal March 2020
18. Now On-boarded……Wellbeing at work! All izz well!- iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal April 2020
19. Working from the Warmth of Home? We are Cool About It! – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal May 2020
20. Pages From the Diary of a CHRO – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal June 2020
21. Emotional Intelligence and the dark side of it – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal August 2020
22. Sail the Storm, Dance the Rain – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Sept 2020
23. Measuring performance is passe – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Oct 2020
24. Who turned our sand clock – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Special issue Nov-Dec 2020
25. The Year 2021: Fear of Freedom to Freedom from Fear – – iimjobs All Things Talent HR Journal Jan 2020
26. Designing the ‘Value’ in an EVP – Human Capital Jan 2020
And many more…
B-School Internship Projects guided:
1. Competency based Remuneration fixation tool – a prototype for Engineering Industry
2. Learning Management System – prototype
3. Competency Framework for promotion of Sr. Engineers to Principal Engineers in the Oil & Gas Industry
4. HR Dashboards and Analytics
5. Gamification of Induction
6. Application of AR / VR in HR processes
7. BOT enabled HR Manual
8. ChatBot for Global Mobility
9. Organization Survey tools – A comparative Study
10. Effect of remote working – Industry wise analysis
• Chief People Officer – Global Delivery Centre, Worley India (2014 – 2019)
• Sr. Manager HR – Emerson Netwrok Power (Vertiv) (2011 – 2014)
• Head Global C&B – Systime Computer Solutions (CMS Group) (2010 – 2011)
• Asst Manager C&B – L&T Infotech (2004-2010)
• M.Sc. Chemistry (by Thesis) with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Mumbai University
• MBA (HR) from ICFAI Dehradun
1. Certified Professional in Behavioral Analysis (CPBA) by TTI Success Insights USA
2. Certified Professional in Values Analysis (CPVA) by TTI Success Insights USA
3. Certified Transactional Analyst (TA 101) by The International Transactional Analysis Association
4. Certified Design Thinking Practitioner by SDTP UK
5. Certified Semco Style Master Consultant by Semco Style Institute, Netherlands
Honors & Awards:
1. NHRDN Young HR Manager Feb 2009
2. Award for Best Employee Experience Design Sept 2018
3. Best Engaging Speaker 2018-19 July 2019
4. Most Engaging Author 2020 IIMJOBS All Things Talent Magazine Dec 2020
5. TEDx Speaker at NMIMS NaviMumbai 2021
Dr. Debansu Chatterjee is a management graduate and doctorate in management science from MAKAUT and Seacom skills University. He is presently working as Assistant Professor in MBA Department in Swami Vivekananda institute of science and Technology under AICTE and MAKAUT. He has several publications in referred journals of both national and international repute. His research area lies in marketing management Inferential Statistics, Entrepreneurship and allied fields. Presently he is working on the impact of Augmented Intelligence in the domain of service marketing. Marketing Research. Furthermore He is also having 3 Patents as Management Scientist.
Dr. Meghdoot Ghosh is a Management graduate and PhD in Management from Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology WB, formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology. He has qualified in UGC NET in Management. Presently he is working as Assistant Professor in Management Science and also as Data Science consultant. He is an empanelled PhD supervisor of MAKAUT and has two scholars under his supervision. Dr. Ghosh has several research publications in UGC carelist journals and currently working on the impact of augmented intelligence on the organisations welfare…
Dr. Anirban Hazra is an Economics graduate and doctorate in Economics from The University of Burdwan. He is presently working as an Assistant Professor and Research and Development Coordinator in the School of Management, Swami Vivekananda University. He has several publications in referred journals of both national and international repute. He also published several papers in various edited volumes of different national and international publishers. His research area lies in Econometrics, Development Economics, Microeconomics and Growth Economics etc.
A total of 19 years teaching experience — more than 15 years in College level.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management(PGDMM);
- Diploma in Management (DIM);
- M.A. (Economics);
- Qualified for National Educational Test for Lectureship UGC-NET;
- Faculty Development (FDP) —
A three days work shop by Indian Society for Hospital Administration
(ISHA) – Bangalore. (3rd Dec – 5th Dec 2007.
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP) —A two days work shop Conducted by NSHM – Institute of Technology & Management – 21st 22nd Dec’ 2007
Speakers were from IIM – C, IIM – K & IIT – K.
- NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on “ Excellence in Higher Education –Challenges Ahead and Remedies” – by Neelashaila Mahavidyalaya, Rourkela – Paper presented, entitled “Issues & challenges of Indian Women in Higher Education”- 16th & 17th February, 2013.
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARENESS AND DEVELOPMENT sponsored by National Science and Technology, Government of India from 3 – 7th March, 2014. Organised by Department of Management Studies, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- Two day UGC Sponsored International Seminar at Vidyasagar University on Dynamic Evolution of Management Paradigm organized by Department of Business Administration – Paper presented, entitled “ An overview on the implications of service marketing strategies in rural India”- 26th & 27th February 2016.
PUBLICATIONSMarketing Management – I for BBA (Hons.) 4th Semester students under Maulana Abul kalam Azad University of Technology (Earlier WBUT) Published by Himalaya Publish House in the year-2011.
Teaching since 1984.
Industry Experience: Ex-consultant of T.I.M.E institute.
Papers Presented: 2 for Institute of English, Kolkata.
Certificates and Workshops: From British Council –
i. Performance in presentation
ii. Confident Communication
iii. Managing Group Discussion
iv. Common errors in English
Course from IIT, Kharagpur on Soft Skill Communication
Course from Institute of English, Kolkata
Faculty Development Programme from J.I.S. Group of Institutes.
Seminar on New Syllabus – WBUT
Visits: IIT, Kharagpur, Language Laboratory
Infosys Campus Connect Programme at Bhubaneswar.
Attended FDP Programme at JIS, Narula Institute, 2016
Assistant professor and Head Corporate Relations and Placement ( Domestic and International clients of
MBA Department )
Institute associated with: Swami Vivekananda Institute of Management and Computer Science and Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology
LLB, B.Com( Hons from Jaipuria College) , MBA Finance from Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management under Calcutta University, PGD Personal Management and Industrial Relations
Experience : 3 years in Judicial CIVIL practice, 9 Years in Banking Compliance, 12 years in Academics with MBA placement and Training
- PhD ( Management) Pursuing from Aliah University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- PG in HR Analytics ( Indian Institute of Management- Rohtak)
- MBA in Human Resource Management ( Visva Bharati University)
- BCOM in Advertising & Marketing (Calcutta University)
- Diploma in Engineering in Pharmaceutical Technology ( WBSCTE)
Corporate Experience: 8 Years at Indian Railways, GENPACT, Novartis Pharma.
Teaching Experience: 8 Years at MBA & B.Tech Level
Global Experience: Successfully Completed Transition Project on Vendor Management at Novartis Pharmaceuticals, NJ, USA in 2007.
Trainings & Certification:
- 5 Days Entrepreneurship Educator Program by PM Yuva: An Govt of India Organization.
- 5 Days Train The Trainer (Employability Sill Development) by TCS, Kolkata.
- 5 Days Train The Trainer (Employability Sill Development) by BOSCH India Ltd, Bangalore
- 5 Days Training on Effective Evaluation by NITTR, Kolkata.
- 3 Days Boot Camp on Entrepreneurship by IIM Calcutta
- 5 Days Train The Trainer (TOT) on NSQF-Level-V-Trainer Module at BOSCH India Limited, Bangalore.
1. Soft Skill Black Book-Vol-1:
- Talent Retention- The Strategic Tool for Achieving Business Success- Vol-III. No-July-Dec-2009-JIS Management Vista. ISSN: 0974-0872.
- Quality of Technical Education and Impact on Employability- Proceedings of National Seminar on Quality Assurance in Technical Education: Issues, Achievements and Challenges held at Mahavir Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar on 26th February-2013.
- Impact of Internal Marketing on Perceived Service Quality: A Study on HR Service Sector. Conference Proceedings: ICMBP-2018, Aliah University.
- Quality of Hire and Its Impact: A Service Quality Perspectives: Conference Proceedings: ICMBP-2018, Aliah University.
- “Impact of Service Quality on the Selection of HR Service Providers”: Conference Proceedings: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INDIAN TRADE AND COMMERCE: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE-2018, Bhubaneswar
- Impact of Technology on Recruitment Process and Its Impact on Service Quality of HR Service Providers: Conference Proceedings: the “National Conference on “Global Strategy For Self Sufficiency” (NMC-2018) on March 23-24, 2018, at BharatiyaVidyaBhavan Institute of Management Science, Kolkata, West Bengal”.
- Impact of Pre Hire Orientation (PHO) on the quality of Campus Placement: A Study on BPS/ BPO industry. Conference Proceedings: National Conference on Contemporary Management Practices (NCCMP 2018). Army Institute of Management.
- Competency Based Interview and its Impact on Perceived Service Quality In HR Service Industry: Conference Proceedings: “Strategic Management and Leadership Styles: Paradigm Shifts” Future Business School, Kolkata.
- 2 Days International Conference, 4th and 5th January-2018: ICMBP-2018, Aliah University.
- 3 Days INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INDIAN TRADE AND COMMERCE: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE-2018: Date: 17-19 March | Venue: RIE Campus
- 2 Days “National Conference on “Global Strategy For Self Sufficiency” (NMC-2018) on March 23-24, 2018, at BharatiyaVidyaBhavan Institute of Management Science, Kolkata, West Bengal”.
- 1 Day National Conference on Contemporary Management Practices (NCCMP 2018). 21.04.018. Army Institute of Management.
- Two-day International Conference on “Strategic Management and Leadership Styles: Paradigm Shifts” 27th and 28th April, 2018, FUTURE Business School.
- 1 Day National Seminar on Quality Assurance in Technical Education: Issues, Achievements and Challenges held at Mahavir Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar on 26th February-2013-On- Quality of Technical Education and Impact on Employability.
- 1 Day International Seminar on “Spirituality in Management Education on 01/07/20177 organized by Globsyn Business School, Kolkata in Collaboration with AIMS ( Association of Indian Management Schools )
- Bengal Global Business Summit : 2016, 2017 & 2018 (2 Days Each)
- 2 Days National Workshop on Research Methodology and Data Analysis organized by International Benevolent Research Foundation (IBRF), Kolkata In Association with: Indian Academic Researchers’ Association (IARA), Tiruchirapalli In Collaboration with: Confederation of Indian Universities (CIU), New Delhi. 19th and 20th Nov, 2017.
- One Week Workshop on Research Methodology in Social Science Using SPSS at SVIMCS. 15th May 2018 to 20th May 2018.
Invited Lectures/Workshop Conducted:
1. 2 Days Skill Development Workshop Conducted at Durgapur Women’s College Feb-2017.
2. Organized Your Story Startup Meet in association with National Entrepreneurship Network on 23rd Feb 2017.
3. 1 Day Skill Development Workshop Conducted at Kachrapara Govt College in Nov 2016
4. 1 Day Skill Development Workshop Conducted at Paskura Govt Collegein Nov 2016
5. 2 Days Skill Development Workshop Conducted at Durgapur Women’s College Feb-2014.
6. At Rotary International, Kolkata at International Student Summit in 2011, 2012 & 2013 on- Team Management and Development.
7. At Pharmacy Week-2012 organized by Indian Railway Pharmacist Association- On Career in Pharmacy- Its Issues Challenges and Growth.
8 ) 4 Days Skill Development Workshop Conducted at Durgapur Women’s College April-May-2018.
- 2 Days Career Counseling Workshop at Titagarh and Budge Budge Organized by CESC Ltd and Hope Kolkata Foundation.
Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives:
1. Conducted a Garment & Food Distribution Event at Seva Kendra Kolkata in association with TCS, Kolkata in Jan-2015.
2. Conducted a Better Food Day Event for Slum Area Children at Seva Kendra, Kolkata in association with TCS, Kolkata in April-2015.
3. Conducted a Library Setup Event for Slum Area Children at Seva Kendra, Kolkata in association with TCS, Kolkata. Sept-2015
4. Conducted an Event on Road Safety, Fire Safety for Slum Area Children at Seva Kendra Kolkata in association with TCS, Kolkata. Feb-2016
5. Conducted Fun Day Event for Slum Area Children at Seva Kendra. Mar-2016
6. Conducted a Sports Equipment Distribution Event at Paramananda Mission , Memari. Aug-2016.
7. Media Coverage of CSR Activities: http://www.conflatingvisions.com/2016/02/in-conversation-with-amitabha-gupta-co-founder-of-the-magic-of-giving/
8. Media Coverage of CSR Activities:
1. Media Coverage: ( চাকরি মেলা করেন Amitabha Gupta পাশাপাশি উদ্যোগপতিও তৈরি করেন) https://bangla.yourstory.com/read/53a3e92cdc/0-svimcs-in-march-sonarapurera-39-job-fair-39-
Management Consultancy Assignments:
- Quality Assurance in Performance Management System at Carnations Industries
- Hiring Event Management: Conducted 32 Job Fairs for reputed Corporate.
Employer Branding: Conducted HR Talk-Shows for Corporate.